Barium carbonate, which is also known as Witherite, is widely used in the ceramics industry as an ingredient in glazes. It acts as a fusión, protecting agent and crystallization agent, which combines with certain oxides to produce unique colors not easily achievable by other components.
- In the construction industry is used to make bricks and tiles.
- Manufacture of glass and porcelain.
- Ingredient in glazes and in the ceramic industry.
- Cement production industry.
- For the preparation of rat poison